Friday, May 18, 2018

Quarter 4 SOC Reflection


Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people playing sports and basketball court     To be successful at anything within a team environment every member has to communicate effectively. This year I thought I was mediocre at being an effective communicator, but next year I hope to really take that to the next level and be the link that keeps everyone on the same page. I plan to utilize all forms of communication whether it is email, face to face, calling, or texting. Part of being an effective communicator is communicating with the community. Our organization blog is almost there, but to truly be a vital connecting point with the community I need to update it more with what our team is doing. This year has really been a growing process, but we aren't finished yet. To further improve the SOC and my student organization I think we need to ask ourselves how we can get more student involvement, how we can get more community involvement, and how we can better connect the community and our school. 

     As the 2017-2018 school year comes to an end, I am able to reflect on what it has taught me, especially through the SOC class. Next year I plan to build on what I have learned and accomplished. This includes stepping up and being a more vocal leader. I plan to push others to be their best through motivation so that within our organizations we can be the best as possible. This looks like on the field and court being a role model and pushing myself at my best. This also involves off the court and filed and into the community. I have learned how difficult it can be to organize a volunteer event and that is something I will improve on next year. I will be organized and have better communication with my partners and coaches. SOC is doing great things for this school, and we have created so much with the student body. Next year I plan on getting even more involvement from the school and connecting as one big community. To do this we will have to brand any event we host, we will have to make the events fun and something people want to go to! It is never an easy task to get people to put effort into anything, but I believe that if we really focus on our goal then we will accomplish it.
   
     This year we laid the foundation for the future of SOC and Thomas Nelson's organizations. I am most proud of the legacy we left behind as a SOC. Whether it was the Angel Tree, supporting the Iron Horse Festival, Bardstown Christmas Parade, Ignites, or the Pink Out game we set the bar high for the future of SOC. Individually, I am most proud of how supportive I tried to be throughout the year. I tried to make it to every sporting event, show, or after school activity that I could. There is always room to grow, but I am pleased to say that I gave it my best. In the future I will put even more energy on ways to support non-athletic activities, because I think the non-athletics are very disconnected from the school, and the student body. That could look like many things, for example, connecting with athletic teams to better connect with the student body. It could also look like many other things happening, but we will answer that question as we transition to the 2018-19 school year!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarter 1 SOC Reflection

     I am a seasoned SOC member, therefore I already knew how this class would work. However, there were some new aspects this year that I d...